Christmas In July: Childhood Memories

2:32 A.M.


I may have still been young, but I remember this year vividly. I believe it was 1993 at the time. It would have been my first Christmas without my grandparents. They lived two hours away and everything was frozen. In my heart, I had known that they wouldn't make it before we got the call confirming everything. I went to bed with tears in my eyes. For me, Christmas was ruined. There wasn't a present under that tree that would have been enough to take their place.

For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night that year. I somehow remember that it was 2:32 a.m. I crept down the hall and was going to look for my mom; however, what I saw would make this truly a magical Christmas. My grandfather was sitting on the couch in front of the tree putting together a doll house. I could have cared less about that doll house in the moment. I snuck back to bed with the biggest smile. Despite the ice, they had come anyway. I wouldn't be without them! It truly was the magic that brought Christmas alive that year.

What Am I Listening To:
Bing Crosby - Do You Hear What I Hear
Michael Buble - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Dean Martin - White Christmas
Burt Ives - A Holly Jolly Christmas
Frank Sinatra - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas


No comments