Christmas In July: Together We Share The World

Family Traditions


All of my old Christmas traditions will soon be changing as I start new traditions with my little girl and boyfriend. For years I have had the same traditions, so I am looking forward to the change; however, I wanted to share some of those traditions with you now.

  • Nasty Baby - I did a full blog on this and will link it. She has been passed down to me now and I will carry on with her being the first ornament on the tree.
  • Going out looking at Christmas lights each year as a family. I fondly remember having to take my new doll from a friend of the family on the trip when I was younger.
  • Putting candy canes all over the tree. I loved the way they looked, and I would get to eat them throughout the month.
  • Putting up the tree on Thanksgiving night after dinner.
  • Making candy for gifts. We used to gift trays of candy to doctors, friends, and businesses. I love helping make the candy over the years. I cannot wait to continue this with two tiny hands helping me.
  • Opening one gift on Christmas eve before bed. I didn't do this when I got older, but we used to as a child.
  • Friendship Fruit Cake - 30 days to make, but it is well worth the effort. I have always loved it.


What Am I Listening To:
Bing Crosby - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Michael Buble - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
Perry Como - Home For The Holidays
James Horner - He Carves The Roast Beast

No comments