Read It - How Was It?

The Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr


It has taken me some time to get through these books. I sped through the first book like it was nobody's business. I fell in love with the characters and the story. I couldn't put it down; however, as I started to move on in the series I slowed down more and more with each book. I was thrown in the next book as the points of view shifted to all different characters. Each book has new points of view with the occasional revisit from old favorites.


For me, the second, third, and fourth books were the worst. In the end I can see their importance; however, they are slow and rather dull in comparison to the first and last. I was so excited when I got into Darkest Mercy to find the author of the first book again! I was captivated. Marr ripped my heart out and twisted my stomach in knots for this book. It may have taken me a bit to read it, but I loved it. I was very satisfied with how the last book came together and unfolded.

Overall, I am okay with the books. I am sad that she lost her writing in the middle ones, but the beginning and end were amazing. I more than likely wouldn't read these again though.

No comments