Do You Wanna Make Some Cupcakes?

Instant Happiness

There is something to be said when one small human can walk into your life and turn your world upside down. I knew I loved her the minute he told me about her, and the first time I saw her took my breath away. There has been many times that I have wondered how things were going to turn out. Would she like me? Would she want me to have her? Can she love me as much as I love her? Being five, she already has her opinions of the world. Who was to say I would fit into her little world?

My little angel talked to me today. It was like the planets were all aligning. It didn't take long for us to find things that we both love. She even found the age appropriate version of Wreck This Journal for herself! Then she made my heart stop with this picture and the words,
"Look Jessie we can bake together."


Everyone knows that I love to make sweets. So I got her all excited by telling her that she gets to help me make candy around Christmas time this year. I could feel her light up with joy. We went on to share our love for crafts and coloring. Next up:


I am looking forward to teaching her how to make jewelry as she grows up. For now she gets to help me pick out beads and accessories. I think I may be more excited about this than she is, but I love making jewelry. We talked for most of the evening and more and more I watched her blossom and felt me opening up too.

And then she completely shattered my heart in the best way possible.


I knew I wanted her from the begining, but every worry and every doubt was erased in one moment in time. My heart stopped and my life rearranged itself. For the first time, I felt like a mother.
I love you Jessie
I love you too Avary

No comments