Fresh Start Challenge Day 25: 5 Letters

To Those Who Have Impacted My Life


PawPaw,
     I can't believe that is has been 13 years now. It still feels like it was yesterday. You have impacted my life in so many ways. From striving to be the young woman you would want me to be, to the way I appreciate watching things grow, you are all around me. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you or that I do not wish you were here. I know you are with me always, but sometimes I need your guidance. There are so many things that I wish I could share with you. I hope that you are proud of the woman I am becoming and where I am going in my life. You inspire me every day to be the best that I can be. I love you and I miss you more with each passing day.

Mom,
     "I am not sure that she will ever walk again." You have impacted me by taking those words and letting them fuel you to prove them wrong. Not only are you my mother, but you are my greatest encouragement to overcome anything that is thrown my way. You have impacted my life by showing me that no one can define what I can and cannot do. Only I can. You truly are a blessing and the greatest mother that I could have asked for. God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with you.

Tess Munster,
     I have not had the pleasure of meeting you face to face, but your movement has inspired me to love who I am. Every plump inch of it. Seeing the way that you rock your body with confidence has shown me that I do not have to be a size 2 to be beautiful. So many bigger woman struggle to find who they are in a world that is built for small women. The impact you have had on my life in the last year has been remarkable. I took your words and I let them fuel me to learn to love my body one piece at a time. I still have a long way to go, but with a wonderful woman like you to look up to, I know I will one day be able to flaunt who I am proudly with my head held high and a smile on my lips.

Hunter,
    You may not be my child, but you showed me what it is like to be a mother and to love with every inch of my being. You came into this world and instantly stole so many hearts, mine included. You have helped me grow as a person and to prepare me for when I am blessed with little ones of my own. Watching you grow has impacted how I look at life and motherhood. I now understand why they say motherhood is to watch your heart parade around the world outside of your body. You are growing up way too fast. I am watching you become a young man too quickly.

To My Girls,
     I never had a clue when you walked into my life that you would change everything. I wasn't expecting to get so close to you that not having you around would hurt. There is not a day that goes by that you don't inspire me, lift me up, and strengthen me. You are constantly by my side and have shown me just how amazing it is to let it go and be free. I have watched each of you blossom and grow. You encourage me to strive for the best in myself. Some people may view our friendship as one that has changed who I am; however, every change that I see is for the better. You will always be a part of me. I am not sure this world is ready for us to be together. <3

No comments